Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

S140U Monitor no longer works once Microsoft Creators update is installed.

EliteDisplay S140U Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Once windows 10 64bit edition was updated with the CREATOR's edition, the monitor will no longer work when connected to a SpectreX360 laptop.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,425
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

S140U Monitor no longer works once Microsoft Creators update is installed.

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. Good Day!  I reviewed the post regarding the monitor not working after the Creators update.  I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.:)

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Superb and brilliant diagnosis of the issue were done before posting.

I would require more information in this regard to assist you better.

• Did you connect the computer to a TV via an HDMI cable?
  • Did you try a different USB Y cable on this monitor?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the SpectreX360 notebook.
  • Is there a display on the internal screen of the X360 notebook?
  • For a start please connect the notebook to a TV via HDMI cable and check if there is a display.
  • Then try a different USB Y cable to connect the monitor to the computer. If that does not bring up a display the monitor could be faulty.
  • If there is a display on the TV, then the Monitor could be faulty. Please contact HP commercial phone support to get the monitor replaced.
  • Steps to contact HP phone support:
  • Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.
  • They will be happy to assist you immediately.
  • If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. 🙂

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation