129 119 6 22
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SP Spectre x360 screen resolution

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

Sorry for not providing the exact model number but i kinda lost it and the issue does not necessarily require further troubleshooting but rather its soemthing i don't really understand about laptops;

Before we go on, please bear in mind that this is a UK unit;

I have tried looking for more specs on the HP site at that time but instead it gave a list of all similar products not the one i had (13-xxxxna).

The thing is it said on the store, 13 inch screen with HD resolution (1920x1080) and when you turn on the laptop it shows 1366x768.

Drivers are up to date, so is BIOS and the best part is that that resolution is not even in display adapter options and you can't change it in Intel Graphics control panel because it says it exceeds the maximum bandwith.

So i ended in a doubt between the UK standards regarding HD resolution and that it is actually HD resolution compared to the actuall screen size.  

Then again, why would the site show its HD and in brackets (1920x1080) ?

Is there a thing about laptops with smaller screens that they do have HD its just not recognized by Windows as 1920x1080 but instead as 1366x768 ?

Thanks in advance.

Happy friday!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,340 1,165 2,370
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SP Spectre x360 screen resolution

Hi @St3ve1 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. ​​​​​​​

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation