Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP SPECTRE X360 13T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this laptop only three days ago. Yet, sometimes whenever I leave the notebook alone for a while, it seems to go to sleep. However, whenever I swipe my finger across the trackpad to wake up the computer, nothing happens. I touch the screen and nothing. Keyboard. Nothing. 

The screen is black. The LED on the power button is a bright white. No other indicators. Just a black screen, and a unresponsive laptop. This should not be happening, especially in the middle of my college lectures. 

Update: I have taken off sleep mode. The laptop should sleep never. It's been working so far, although it is draining my battery -- but this afternoon, I pressed the power button to boot up the laptop and then went to grab something across the room. I come back 2-3 minutes later, and the screen is once again black. Unresponsive. Bright white light LED power button. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@go4gift

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

If the issue persists please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03383935

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I was frustrated enough that I called HP support and received a live assistant. He took control of my laptop and did pretty much exactly what you outlined above. The problem, he said, was that my laptop had been constructed about three months ago, but since then, there have been HP updates made that are now needed for proper function. He went ahead and updated everything, and it seems to have worked. About one day without any accidents so far (when I would usually have two incidents per day). 

However, my new issue is that while my laptop charger is plugged in. . . the laptop won't charge. The batter icon displays the charging symbol and when I hover over it, it says "plugged in", but the LED next to the charging port is a steady white (instead of the amber that shows its charging), and regardless of how long I leave the charger in, the laptop won't charged. This is both during use and when my laptop is shut down. By now, my battery is drained and the laptop only functions when plugged in. 

Once again, this is a BRAND NEW computer (received on the 16th). 

HP Recommended

@go4gift I'm glad you've for the sleep mode issue sorted, that said, I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Unplug the charge, Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:

1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.

2) Expand “Batteries”.

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

4) Click on “Uninstall”.

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver

6) Shutdown the computer.

7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in.

8 - When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

9) Go to Device Manager.

10) Expand Batteries.

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

If the issue persists check this link: Click here and also, run a battery and adapter test using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.