Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre 360 15
Other

Light Vertical lines from top of display. Very annoying. Started relatively recently. Contacted support. They had no clue. Acted like they never heard of it before. What's the solution? BTW, still under warranty. Win10 64. Hi Res Display.

Lines only on internal display. No lines on external display. No lines on BIOS page. Reinstalled display driver. Updated BIOS. No joy.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Ghosted

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the display issue.

Appreciate you trying the steps. 

Please try re-installing the operating system using these steps - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there any reason to expect this will fix the problem? 

It will literally take weeks to configure this laptop again from ground zero. We use hundreds of apps with thousands of settings. 

The net shows a substantial number of incidents exactly like mine, but not one shows a reason for the issue, or confirmation that nuking your system back to 2018 will actually fix it. 

This should be the very last resort. "I hope this helps" does not instill much confidence. 

What else can we try short of reloading a two or three year old Windows build and decimating my apps? 

HP Recommended

@Ghosted

As you have already tried re-installing the display driver, re-installing the operating system is the only option. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There are many documented cases of this with this same model laptop. What is the cause, what is the documented solution? A reinstall is not like recycling the power. It is hundreds of hours work and lost productivity. What causes the problem? 

HP Recommended

@Ghosted

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Ghosted,

Thank you for your response.  I regret your Spectra 360 15" vertical line issue.  Please see my private message.

Kind regards,

Patty-B SoMe

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.