cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
JerryD2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen Flashing

HP Recommended
24 All-in-One PC

Just finished setting up my brand new 24 All-in-One PC.

Everything looks fine until I sign into my profile/account. Screen keeps flashing. No desktop apps, except bottom bar, are displayed. Mouse icon is shown as loading. Cannot click on the Windows button on the bottom bar.

The screen does not flash after pressing CNTRL+ALT+DELETE but resumes flashing when task manager is opened.

I have reset, hard reset, and BIOS reset but the screen continues flashing.

Whats going on?

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,801 26,735 1,259 1,300
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JerryD2

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's update the chipset and graphics drivers

Refer to Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers for detailed instruction to update the drivers.

And, also check the display in safe mode:

1. Exit all programs.

2. Search for and open Task Manager.

3. Click File, and then click Run new task.

Figure : Task Manager

Task Manager with File and Run new task selected
  4. In the Open field, type msconfig and click OK.

Figure : Open field

If the User Account Control window is displayed, click Yes or Continue.

5. In the System Configuration window, select the boot tab and then check Safe Boot and Network, and then click OK.

Figure : System Configuration

System configurations screen with Boot, Safe boot, Network, and OK selected
  6. Click Restart when asked.

The computer starts in safe mode with networking.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation