Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-aw0001nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening , I contact you for a problem that my pc presents every now and then. The problem is as follows: sometimes I notice that the display flickeres:  the image of the display moves, making blurry the writings on the desktop or sometimes some thick lines of glare appear on the bottom of the screen. I would like to know, first of all, what kind of problem might be,  and what i can do to solve it. In addition to this I wanted to know : since I have expired for 2 months now the guarantee on my pc hp .. would it be useful  to extend the hp care pack + 1 year post warranty  to resolve my problem with the display or not? I also want to know what type of services are included in the HP pack +1 year post warranty  packet. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Valen1594 

First of all, we can not answer any of the warranty questions as HP has to deal with those directly.  So, you will have to contact HP to see what your options are:  HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Second, you need to connect an external monitor to your laptop to see if the same display issues are shown there.  If they are, then it is probably the display chip going bad.  If they are not, then it is probably the laptop screen going bad.  Both of these are covered under the warranty, so when you contact HP, tell them what happens.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.