3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Screen Flickering

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated the Display adapter (Intel HD Graphics 620 ) couple of months back, Driver Version 24.20.100.6344. The screen will start to flickering  after couple of mins of usage.. Its running on the latest available version of the Display Adapter Version. How can I resolve this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,606 21,561 1,825 2,915
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Screen Flickering

@Kevin369 Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer, 

if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: https://hp.care/2B3MVQS

  

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS) 

This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue as mentioned above. 

  

If the issue persists on BIOS as well, please try with a TV to identify if it's the LCD or the motherboard/video card failure, 

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kevin369
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Screen Flickering

Screen doesn't flicker on BIOS. Roll back to Display Adapter version 21.20.16.4542, dated 10/24/2016 [latest available verion is 23.20.16.4973 dated 2/28/2018]solve problem by a extend still flickers occasionally. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Screen Flickering

@Kevin369 Alright, that's good! Since the screen doesn't flicker on bios, this confirms that its not a hardware malfunction, just a minor issue with the software/driver, I suggest you create a new user account and check if that works better, if the issue persists, install all available windows and HP driver updates available using the HP Support Assistant, as it should install relevant drivers and patches released to resolve such issues.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kevin369
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Screen Flickering

I think I fixed the issue, I installed an old version of display adapter version 21.20.16.4542. Now it doesn't flicker as much.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Screen Flickering

@Kevin369 Doesn't flicker as much? As in, it still flickers? If yes, I suggest you create a backup of all your personal data and perform a system reset to resolve this issue once and for all: click here for steps.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation