MissDeenaDiva Tutor
Tutor
10 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen Turns Black While Notebook is On and Randomly Blinks Hysterically

HP ENVY15t Touch LaptopJ2R73AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have quite a few problems with my laptop that have been happening since day 1. My laptop screen constantly turns black at night -- this happens while the power supply is plugged in and when it is now. The notebook will be on but the screen will turn black randomly and then come back on at random times. It is very frustrating when working on a project. Also, the screen will just start blinking hysterically. THis happens whether the touchscreen is on or off and whether the bluetooth is on or off. At times, it will just freeze when I am trying to log back in. It will keep spinning and never log back in. I really need help with this issue as I've tried everything. I am in the IT industry so I have a great deal of knowledge with technology. I just can't deal with the screen randomly turning black and hysterically blinking.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix the issue? Thank you.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
3798 200 430
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Screen Turns Black While Notebook is On and Randomly Blinks Hysterically

Hi @MissDeenaDiva,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the screen will turn black randomly and then come back on at random times. I will be glad to help you.

Please look through the following documents.

Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)

Blinking or Flashing Screen After Upgrading to Windows 10

Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation