Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook HP - 15-ac617nl (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The screen black with white vertical lines at restore from suspend. If I switch off the pc the video is ok untill a suspension occurse.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Caiofior

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums.

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ac617nl and the display has white vertical lines when it restores from suspend mode. The display seems to be fine if the laptop is restarted and issue reoccurs when suspension occurs. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop after which this issue started?
  • Are you referring to the sleep mode by saying suspension?

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. 
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Now, let the laptop enter the suspension mode and then resume from it. If the white lines appear then please restart the laptop so that we get a good display. Post that let us uninstall and reinstall the display drivers by following the below steps:

• Open the device manager.
  • In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

• Select Device Manager in the menu.

Figure : Device Manager

Device Manager
  • Double-click a device type (for example, double-click Display Adapters) to view the devices in that category.

• Right-click on the display graphics drivers and select uninstall.

Figure : Display adapters

Device Manager with display adapter selected
  • Close the device manager.

Now, let us download and run the HP Support Assistant tool. This tool will install the required drivers for the laptop:

• Click here to download the HP Support Assistant. 
  • Click My devices on the top of the HP Support Assistant window, and then click Updates in the window for your device.

Figure : Updates in the My PC box

The Updates window opens.

• If HP Support Assistant detects updates, a list of updates displays in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates window

Updates window
  • To check for recent updates, click Check for updates and messages.

HP Support Assistant connects to the HP servers and performs the following actions:

• Downloads messages and updates

• Gathers configuration information

• Analyzes your computer system

• Prepares an action list

If HP Support Assistant finds updates, they display in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates available window

Updates available window
    • To postpone or delete a current update, use the following steps.

1. Next to the message you want to postpone, click Remind me.

2. Select Tomorrow, One week, or One month, depending on when you want to be reminded.

• To delete an update, click  next to the update.

• To install the update now, click the Install now icon () next to the update.

• To review completed and postponed actions, scroll down to the Action log section.

You may restart the laptop after the HP Support Assistant finishes installing the required drivers.

If the issue still persists then I suggest you to update the BIOS on your laptop via this link: https://hp.care/2I1Kdv2

NOTE: Please have the charger connected to the laptop while updating the BIOS. Because the BIOS update must not get interrupted due to the battery draining out. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Caiofior

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums.

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ac617nl and the display has white vertical lines when it restores from suspend mode. The display seems to be fine if the laptop is restarted and issue reoccurs when suspension occurs. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop after which this issue started?
  • Are you referring to the sleep mode by saying suspension?

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. 
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Now, let the laptop enter the suspension mode and then resume from it. If the white lines appear then please restart the laptop so that we get a good display. Post that let us uninstall and reinstall the display drivers by following the below steps:

• Open the device manager.
  • In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

• Select Device Manager in the menu.

Figure : Device Manager

Device Manager
  • Double-click a device type (for example, double-click Display Adapters) to view the devices in that category.

• Right-click on the display graphics drivers and select uninstall.

Figure : Display adapters

Device Manager with display adapter selected
  • Close the device manager.

Now, let us download and run the HP Support Assistant tool. This tool will install the required drivers for the laptop:

• Click here to download the HP Support Assistant. 
  • Click My devices on the top of the HP Support Assistant window, and then click Updates in the window for your device.

Figure : Updates in the My PC box

The Updates window opens.

• If HP Support Assistant detects updates, a list of updates displays in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates window

Updates window
  • To check for recent updates, click Check for updates and messages.

HP Support Assistant connects to the HP servers and performs the following actions:

• Downloads messages and updates

• Gathers configuration information

• Analyzes your computer system

• Prepares an action list

If HP Support Assistant finds updates, they display in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates available window

Updates available window
    • To postpone or delete a current update, use the following steps.

1. Next to the message you want to postpone, click Remind me.

2. Select Tomorrow, One week, or One month, depending on when you want to be reminded.

• To delete an update, click  next to the update.

• To install the update now, click the Install now icon () next to the update.

• To review completed and postponed actions, scroll down to the Action log section.

You may restart the laptop after the HP Support Assistant finishes installing the required drivers.

If the issue still persists then I suggest you to update the BIOS on your laptop via this link: https://hp.care/2I1Kdv2

NOTE: Please have the charger connected to the laptop while updating the BIOS. Because the BIOS update must not get interrupted due to the battery draining out. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you: the video card driver was not up to date. In had to manually search and download from hp website because Hp Support assistent software did notifay no update availabe. I have the same problem in anothe ho pc: I must search the update in hp website and download them.

HP Recommended

@Caiofior

You're most welcome. 🙂

I'm glad that you could search and download the drivers. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience.

Feel free to reach out to us for any further assistance. 

Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.