06-13-2019 11:11 AM
My screen will involuntarily dim and then reset to normal. This most recent time happened while watching a video and the screen stayed dim (grey) while the video played in the background.
Usually I just move my mouse and the dimming stops. This time, I had to close the laptop and then open it and sign in, for the screen to appear normal.
This is a brand new pc. What is going on?
06-15-2019 03:14 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- Open the Windows start menu and click on ‘Settings’
- In the settings window, click on ‘System’
- The ‘Display’ menu should be selected on the left, if it is not – click on ‘Display’
- Turn the ‘Change brightness automatically when lighting changes’ to ‘Off’
- Click ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.
- Press ‘Win + I’ to open Windows Settings app.
- Click on ‘Update & Security’, then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section from the left-side menu.
- Scroll downwards a bit and click on the ‘Power’ option.
- Click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. It will start detecting the problems and if it founds, go ahead fixing it.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee