cancel
meatnordrink Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen flashes black but comes right back on.

HP Stream 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

My problem is that the screen keeps flashing black, just for a second, and then coming right back. It's not really a problem, but it seems like it's happening with increasing frequency. 

The computer is fairly new--less than 6 months old. It's connected to wifi most of the time, I run Opera as a browser, and have a Dropbox account I'm hooked into. I only have about 4gigs free on the hard drive, and the memory (as shown in the task manager) is usually around 85%. I work online, and do have a lot of tabs open at once, so the load can get heavy (that's why I switched to Opera, it was freezing up with Firefox's heavy load).

Any insight would be appreciated--I just want to know it's not heading towards a crash! Or if it is, if ther's anything I can do about it.

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen flashes black but comes right back on.

Hi @meatnordrink,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your precise model of Stream 13? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that while working the display will go black for a second and then come right back. I understand that you have had the notebook for about six months and have 4 GB of free space left. You work online and have many tabs open. You switched to the Opera browser as FireFox was freezing. Have you checked for viruses and malware? Have you run the HP Support Assistant? You can also install a memory card and use it move data or install apps on to, that will help free up space. Here is a link to HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10) that should also help.

This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the "Accept as Solution" if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the "Thumbs Up” below! :robotvery-happy:

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation