Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Spectre x360 15" notebook. When I first start up the laptop, the screen is perfectly fine but after being on for a couple of hours, faint vertical lines start appearing and then after a while it starts to flicker very badly, like a strobe light with moving vertical lines. The picture also shifts up and down horizontally. At this point there's nothing I can do but turn it off. The next day when I turn it on, it is fine again, but quality deteriorates the longer the screen is left on. 

Using an external monitor, the picture has no problem.

I've tried running the system diagnostic (no issues found). I updated the drivers on both onboard and dedicated graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 630 & Radion RX Vega M GL). 

Any ideas what else I can try? It started doing this a little after the 1 year warranty expired.

Thanks in advance to any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mejiro808 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting vertical lines on the display.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

1. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

1. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  2. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  3. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also, ensure Windows is up to date.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you  Praveen 196,

I tried your suggestion but the problem is still the same. 

HP Recommended

@mejiro808

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the system reset and check.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.