cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
valens
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen flickers so much cant use the laptop

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx

Everytime my display goes to sleep or when I reactivate the laptop after short periods of standby the screen flickers so much that I cannot see anything.,, I have tried everything possible with the drivers (update, reinstall, roll back) but the issue persists... the hp logo flickers upon startup and I cannot enter the BIOS.. This started happening about two months ago and it is worse some days than others (once I even saw a normal Hp logo when starting.. it has gotten worse in the last days.
Idk if that helps but connecting an external screen sometimes fixes the issue immediately but at least it seems to "calm down" the laptop within a few minutes

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,049 26,486 3,093 6,660
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@valens 

If the flickering does not happen on the external monitor, that implies that the laptop screen is failing and would need to be replaced.  But, we can not authorize such a repair or replacement.  You would have to contact HP Customer Support to make such arrangements.

HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation