06-12-2019 02:20 PM - last edited on 06-12-2019 02:27 PM by rick-s
My HP Envy keeps dong the same thing. It will go to the sign in screen after only being untouched for a mere minutes. I have made the screen timeout settings all "never" and screen saver settings 4000+ minutes, and it still responds this way. What do I do? I'm extremely annoyed with how many times a day I have to sign in. This is a work computer and interrupts my flow.
06-15-2019 05:39 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's update the Computer first:
Also, let's reset the power management plan:
1. Go to Search, type power, and open Choose power plan.
2. Now, you’ll see your current power plan. Choose Change plan settings next to your selected plan.
3. Now, go to Change advanced power settings.
4. In the Advanced settings window, choose Reset plan defaults.
5. If the issue still persists, run power troubleshooter - Go to Settings > Update & security.
6. Now, go to the Troubleshooting tab.
7. Scroll down, and find Power.
8. Click Run the troubleshooter.
9. Wait for the process to finish, and follow further on-screen instructions.
10. Restart your computer.
Once done, run the SFC scan:
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee