Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 14-ce3xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This really weird thing has started happening to my laptop recently. So occasionally when boot up my computer and move my mouse the screen will go black at certain times and be on at certain times and sometimes it flashes. I didn't know why this was happening until I realised that it was something to do with the mouse pointer. When the mouse pointer changes the screen would sometimes be black but sometimes be on.

For example the last time this happened (it changes everytime it happens):

When the mouse was in the "normal" clicking state like when youre just on your desktop the screen would turn off and go black

Then when I moved the mouse the screen would occasionally come on and if I stopped moving my mouse in a certain position, like when the mouse changed to the resize window shape or to the typing "I" shape.

I used HP Hardware tester and it passed all tests. I also checked for driver updates there was none. I am also on the newest version of Windows 10  but this happens occasionally even when I was on older versions of Windows 10 too.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem, I notice that it happen when the computer gets out of hibernation mode. Were you able to fix it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.