Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

My fix: when I push hard on the keyboard on my laptop left and centre image comes back. Seems like something not connecting. Maybe GPU with motherboard or something.

HP Recommended

Hi Sam_urai,

Thank you for you query.   I will try my best for you.

I understand that when you boot, you get a white screen, but if you press hard on the left side of the keyboard the image comes back.  It does sound as if it may be a loose connection or worn cable.  Would you please provide your details, so I can assist you further.  I will need the exact model  you have and what  operating system are you running. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?.  I await your reply.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Which cable would I need to replace?
HP Recommended

@Chrystyna79 Please note question about laptop cable...

eric-g

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi stephysanrio,

Thank you for you query, I will do my best to assist you.

I have a few questions before I can answer you.  Do you have the same issue as described in the original post.  If not would you briefly describe your situation and any errors you may have.
What exact model on HP computer do you have. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
I was working on after effects screen went white randomly. I connected to a tv with hdmi cable and it works fine. I opened the laptop to see if any cable was disconnected and the one that is on too of the screen seems to be so I try connectkng it again and again didnt fix the problem so I figured why not buy a new screen and see if that works but I replaced the screen and now it's just a black screen that I get. Could it be the cable?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6
HP Recommended

Hi stephsanrio,

Yes it could be the cable. As the external monitor worked we did narrow it down to the display or cable.

You replaced the display ,so it may very well be, the cable.

I would have provided you a link to the maintenance and service guide for your system, but HP makes numerous models of Pavilion dv 6. Here is a link to a page, where there is another link to click, to have it  auto detect your system. HP Troubleshooting.

Go to the main page and you should see a link to the user guide. Click on that and look for the maintenance and  service guide.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

when i start my laptop sceen white after few mintes sceen ceme waht problem pls help me ....

HP Recommended

Hi gullo,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are getting a white screen. Here is a link that may assist you. Blank Screen LED Error Codes.

Please let me know if you require further assistance. If this is the case, would you provide your exact model of HP computer and the Operating System you are running.  Would you also provide additional details.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.