Student
0 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen goes white when start laptop

HP 1000
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My computer was working fine the last time I successfully used it, which was about 24hrs ago. Today, I opened the laptop, and when the screen turned on, it was solid white.  Tried CTRL+ALT+DEL, Windows key, etc but computer did not respond.  Had to hold down power button to restart -- screen went straight to white when it turned back on.  Tried to get to Safe Mode by restarting again and pressing F8, no luck.  Tried letting the computer just sit with the white screen, nothing happened. 

I honestly have no idea what could have caused this.  No error messages, no recent updates or installations, etc.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
228 228 19 37
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen goes white when start laptop

Hello @sa86,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand from your description, that you are having an issue with the display on your HP 1000 notebook being completely blank white and wanted to assist!

Are there any darker spots or lines on the display when it comes on?

I have found that this document has some good troubleshooting for displays even though it is listed for black screens, the steps should still apply to your situation.

Please get back to me how this goes.

To show that you like, appreciate my post, kindly click the Thumbs up below.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation