Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-3070er
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When i turn on the notebook it sounds and capslock and power button seems like it works   however the screen displays only black nothin is seen

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Vugar02, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Connect an external monitor and check if it works.

For now, let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Disconnect all peripherals and perform a hard/power reset

Refer to this document to know how

Recover the BIOS

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Connect the notebook to a power source using the power adapter.

3. Press and hold the Windows key  and the B key at the same time while the computer is off.
  4. While still pressing both keys, hold down the Power button for one second, and then release the Power button and the keys.

The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds. You might hear beeping sounds. Afterward, an HP BIOS Update screen displays, and the BIOS update begins.

If the display works, run a test on the hardware components of the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. Perform System Test > Extensive test. Share the result on your next post.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.