Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 6 (701 Views)

Screen jumping and flickering

HP G60-441us Notebook running Win Vista x32 service pack 2.

Starting right at the post screen with the HP logo, the display is jumping up and down at a rapid pace making it very hard to read or see what's on the screen.  There are also thin lines visible through the screen while it is jumping.

I've updated the bios to the latest version as well as the video drivers.

What could be the cause of this jumping? How do I fix it?

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 6 (697 Views)

Re: Screen jumping and flickering

We need to know if it is in the screen or the machine. Attach an external monitor to your notebook and see if it is also happening on the external screen.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Intern
Message 3 of 6 (692 Views)

Duh... Why did I not think to first check the obvious?!?!  LOL

Anyway, the external monitor shows just fine, so that tells me that it must be something from the point of connection to the mainboard to the lcd screen. I wouldn't think it would be the inverter, so that leaves the lcd panel or something in cabling. Right?

Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 6 (687 Views)

Why wouldn't you think it was the inverter?

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Intern
Message 5 of 6 (672 Views)

I feel that way because when it's the invertor, you usually don't get any picture at all, right?

Student
Message 6 of 6 (669 Views)

Im having exactly the same problem...

Changed LCD cable,

Changed Inverter

Changed Screen

Had GPU Reballed

All did nothing, so now waiting for new motherbaord to be delivered, by all means try the previous things with yours because it may be different,

Please keep us updated

Aiden

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation