Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-aw2024na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I have an HP Spectre x360 13-aw2024na (2G2C2EA#ABU) that I purchased in November. It has started to have an intermittent video/screen failure.  The screen goes black with a flashing area at the top and bottom of the screen for about 30 seconds.

I have updated the drivers, but still, have the challenge.

It there a software solution of does it need a repair?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@DarranDraper, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the screen on your HP Spectre x360 flickers repeatedly,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What HDMI connection are you referring to? is that an external monitor?

And is it the flickering on your laptop that stops or the monitor that doesn't have the flickering issue?

While you respond to that, here're a few things you need to do:

Please reduce or change the screen refresh rate to identify a difference:

1. Right-click the desktop and click Display settings.
  2. Under Customize your display, at the bottom, click Advanced display settings.

3. Under Related Settings, click Display adapter properties.

4. Select the Monitor tab.

5. Under Screen refresh rate, select another refresh rate if available.

6. Click OK to save the changes.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps suggested on this link: http://hp.care/2sQmwBR

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks for the support.

I do not have HDMI the challenge is with the main laptop screen.  it is more a screen failure than a flicker.

It randomly goes blank with a thin line top and bottom flickering.  it comes back on after about 30 seconds or I have found I can recover it by pressing the right button on the touchpad.  I have a video that can better show the issue.

I have not tries extended use with an external monitor to test it.

Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Hi @DarranDraper

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.