Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (124 Views)

Screen keeps going black and i have to relog in after a few mins of inactivity -have changed setting

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Envy
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My screen keeps going black (I think the laptop goes to sleep) and then i have to re-log in.

I have changed all the settings so that it does not ever go to sleep, but this has not made a difference. This has only started happening recently.

Any suggestions why this could be and how to fix it?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (103 Views)

Re: Screen keeps going black and i have to relog in after a few mins of inactivity -have changed set

Have you checked to see if the 'blank' screensaver somehow got enabled? Right click an empty spot on desktop, choose Personalize. In the screen that opens click in left sidebar on Lock Screen. At the bottom of that screen check Screensaver settings.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (51 Views)

Re: Screen keeps going black and i have to relog in after a few mins of inactivity -have changed set

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.

I check this and it isnt set as blank.

I also changed the timings on the screen switch off to never and I still am getting this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation