hplaptopfan304 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen metal back coming off at hinge

4-1115dx

Not long after the warranty expired, the metal outside portion of my laptop screen began to seperate from the actual screen, near the hinge. I have an HP Envy Touchsmart. I really like this computer, but now I can not open it because the screen is almost completely seperating from the housing. I have read of others having similar issues - but have not heard of a fix. Any thoughts? 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Retired danny-r
Retired
8,251 7,081 141 474
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hplaptopfan304

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
hplaptopfan304 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation