Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am (was?) an owner of a HP Envy x 360. I am a teacher currently teaching through a distance learning format, I was in the middle of a video conference with a family and all of a sudden my screen separated at the bottom left corner where the hinge is located, to about 1/4 way up the top left corner. 

I have owned this computer for 3 years, it is 1 year past warranty. I have been very gentle with my computer and always leave it at home in my office or on my lap desk, and in fact I have NEVER used to 360 option, besides the first time I opened the computer to check it out. I'm honestly so shocked this happened because it was an investment that I thought would last longer for me, and not only that but THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY LAST HP ENVY... even in the same exact spot!!! The first time this happened to me I thought "ugggh how unfortunate", now I'm thinking well that can't be a coincidence, it is clearly a product error. Now as I was looking through forums I see this is an issue that's happened to MANY other people.... why hasn't this been recalled?? I'm so disappointed and now as a distance learning teacher I need to use my phone for everything I work on until I either get this repaired or get a new computer. Majorly unexpected. 

I had convinced both my mom and brother to get HP's this year, because I swore by them and now I am putting my palm to my face thinking why did I waste my money instead of purchasing a reliable computer 3 years ago! I'm curious if I am given a solution to my issue, but I am not able to wait more than a week before I get a replacement. If I am offered an affordable fix, I will be grateful... if not, I can't support HP again and won't recommend it. 😞 Especially since this happened to BOTH my last two HP envy's after 3 years of gentle use. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @emma_ps

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.