Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen off problem HP zbook studio G3

hp zbook studio g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, from the moment I unboxed my zbook studio g3 it had problems with exiting the sleep/screen off/ hybernate mode.

When my laptop is Idle and the screen turns off 7/10 it has issues with turning on again. Sometimes my taskbar disappears and I can't select anything with the cursor, sometimes my screen does not turn on again except when I hit a specific spot on the touchpad and sometimes there is no visual problem at all, but the entire system freezes.

Have contacted support multiple times, via the support site from my country (Belgium) it shows a link saying English support only. When I start the live chat via this link, the people say they support USA and Canada only, so they're not willing to help me. Have called the local support but they could not solve my problem and I can't call them because they're only available during my working hours.

Is there any way to solve this issue, because I have to hardboot my device multiple times a day right now and I'm not liking it.

PS all drivers and software is up-to-date according to HP Support Assistant...

Hp zbook studio G3

Intel i7 6700HQ

N82 Ver. 01.15

8GB  Hynix/Hyundai 2133MHz

3 REPLIES 3
Intern Intern
Intern
56 56 1 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I do apologize that you havent been able to get in touch with someone to assist you.

I will foward your inquiry to one of the teams that can redirect you to a Tech Support outside of US or Canada.

In my personal opinion, I would recommend, BIOS update, recovery of image, retest without any added software or peripherals. That may help you wit the problem.

Hope this helps.

I'm an HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP.Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
Jonezz Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Lorna-92

A colleague of yours contacted me and proposed to send a technician to solve the problem.
Because I am using the laptop on a daily basis for work this month I told him I do not know yet when I can miss my machine.
(I'm in consultancy, at this point I have no view on my agenda for the next coming days/weeks)

We agreed that he would contact me to provide me with his contact information so we can make an appointment when I have a better view on my agenda. But I still haven't received any e-mail.

About the BIOS update. The computer had this issue from the start, I updated the bios (with the HP support assistant app) to the latest version but it did not solve the problem.

Sometimes the symptoms are a little different and sometimes it doesn't occure for a couple days, but some days it happens up to 3-4 times a day...

Thank you for redirecting me, I think the link on the belgian website isn't correct and that's why I ended up with the US/Canada Support Team.

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
56 56 1 5
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

You are welcome, hopefully they will get back to you soon and get this resolved as soon as possible.

I'm an HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP.Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation