08-16-2012 03:10 PM
I had my laptop connected via HDMI to my TV, and when I was done I unplugged the cable and shut the laptop off. Upon rebooting my laptop, the screen was stretched out with the right side going off the side of the screen, and the top 3rd of my screen is repeated at the bottom. Additionally, the screen has a grey/white sheen to it. I went to my resolution options, and it seems that some sizes are now missing, the largest I can now get is 1024x768. If I connect it again to my tv, the tv will display it in a small square in the center of my tv, but otherwise it looks ok (no stretching/repeating images, or grey sheen). Anyone have any advice on what to do? I am running a Pavilion DV5-1235dx using Vista 64. Thanks!
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)