Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen scuffed/scratched by touchpad

HP ENVY notebook 15-ae047nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It has been one year with my HP now, but since a few weeks something just popped out of nowhere.

I have never dropped my laptop or closed it to hard, only traveled with it in a good laptop bag.

But since a few weeks a sort of stripe of scratches came up to my eye. There is a dead pixel in the middle and some little scratches around it.

Now suddenly something came to my mind and it was true, the stripe of scratches is exactly on the same place as the touchpad when I close it. So I can see that the top piece of the touchpad has touched the screen and left a annoying stripe of scratches and a dead pixel.

1 REPLY 1
Tutor PC_Dude Tutor
Tutor
5 5 1 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen scuffed/scratched by touchpad

Greetings,

I would suggest you contact HP Technical Support.  Options should be available to repair your product but they will differ based onyour warranty status and the determined cause of the issue.  You can start contact at http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this helps!

#HPExpertDay

HP Employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation