steph_esk
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Screen still not bright enough

HP Recommended
HP Envy X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My screen gets a lot darker when it's on battery. I want to keep the same screen brightness level it has when it's plugged in. I have tried everything, brightness is at 100%, tried to change color settings, changed power saving settings and it's still brighter when it's plugged in. Is there a solution for this??

5 REPLIES 5
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,582 23,540 1,069 1,103
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@steph_esk
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
HP provides power plans to either conserve battery power or maximize performance. Change a power plan using Windows power options,

• Click Start, type power in the search field, and then select Power Options from the Control Panel section of the listing.
  • Choose the type of change you want to make to the power plan.
  • Set Adjust plan brightness to max

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02486315 to know more about power plan.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
steph_esk
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, thanks for the reply! I tried that and I couldn't find the gauge here or anywhere.power and sleep.JPG

0 Kudos
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@steph_esk

Thank you for posting back. 

Try this way:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run, input control panel, and click OK. Go to Hardware and Sound > Power Options and click Change plan settings next to your selected plan. Use the Adjust plan brightness slider to set your On battery and Plugged in levels.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
steph_esk
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did just that! There's still nothing to slide.

pt2.JPG

0 Kudos
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@steph_esk

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation