2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen stopped working after laptop drop

Pavilion 11-k128ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

My laptop was dropped and the screen no longer works. I have done as much as I can & don't know what else to try:

1. Laptop boots up & works normally when I plug an HDMI cable from it to my TV.

2. I have opened up the laptop and have verified connections are still secure.

3. I have tried a hard reset by pressing & holding the power button for 15 seconds.

Is there any other trouble shooting that I can try from home before I send this off for repair?

Is there a way I can test that the connectors for the monitor are OK? Is there a way I can test if the 2 cables to the monitor are intact? Is there a different button/key combo to use for a hard reset?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
18,025 17,970 1,681 3,954
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

TechoMom987

This link describes what HP calls Customer Induced Damage (CID) to an LCD screen: HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage | HP® Customer Support

The screen can be replaced, but it will be expensive and you will need to send or take the laptop to an HP Service Center.

Here is information on the Service Centers: HP Notebook PCs - Using a Certified HP Service Center to Repair a Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
TechoMom987
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link, but none of the CIDs depict my issue. The screen just won't turn on. It isn't broken, no cracks, etc...

I can replace the screen myself - was just looking for other possible troubleshooting to try out.

0 Kudos
JLLClaire
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is not the slightest bit helpful, because replacing a screen is easy enough a child can do it. Please stop spamming everyone who asks for help with this message.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation