Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP15-ay182no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screen suddenly turns into a lot of flickering blocks of colors. Can take hours before this happens, and some days it is not happening at allIMG_2151.JPG. It`s my 11 years daughters laptop, and she is not sure if she runs a particular app when this happens. She uses Youtube a lot, and plays Star Stable. Have not been able to see the problem today, but have seen it before. See attached image. Still a month left of warranty, so I hope I can sort this out soon.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cyberkul
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you checked the computer on an external monitor or TV?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps:

Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the screen flickers.

1. Turn off your computer
2. Make sure you have connected the power cable
3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly 

If it continues then the computer may need to be serviced as it may be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks! Good idea, I`ll try an external monitor, if it happens again. I left the notebook on for several hours, playing video on Youtube, but so far it hasn`t happen again. Also Star Stable for several hours. Strange, it used to happen so often that my 11 year old didn`t want to use the notepad. Will try some of the other apps on the notepad as well.

HP Recommended

@cyberkul
Thank you for posting back. 

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.  

Also, run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.