Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-cp0000 IDS Base Model

A4233709-ADB6-4D0C-939C-E92C7A544905.jpeg

AADE28BF-68E0-4A49-8CC8-9B201D7206D9.jpeg

42FE8885-B50C-4FCD-80A2-B984C9E1A919.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @jellybean22 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

In many cases, the connector behind the internal screen no longer sits 100% and leads to such errors. Please check if you have the same error on an external monitor connected via vga/hdmi.
Solution A) If the picture on the external monitor is OK, it is most likely due to the internal display cable or the screen matrix is defective => Service required !
Solution B) The image on the external monitor is also faulty. GPU (graphics processing unit) = graphic card/chip defective !

=> Service required ( or buy a new notebook because the cost of repair is probably too high ! )

I guess it is solution A

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @jellybean22 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

In many cases, the connector behind the internal screen no longer sits 100% and leads to such errors. Please check if you have the same error on an external monitor connected via vga/hdmi.
Solution A) If the picture on the external monitor is OK, it is most likely due to the internal display cable or the screen matrix is defective => Service required !
Solution B) The image on the external monitor is also faulty. GPU (graphics processing unit) = graphic card/chip defective !

=> Service required ( or buy a new notebook because the cost of repair is probably too high ! )

I guess it is solution A

HP Recommended

Wow this is a brand new notebook just purchased in December 2021. This makes me sad

HP Recommended

Thank you for the fast response.   So the picture on an external monitor is clear.  

HP Recommended

- If your HP warranty is valid contact HP Support for service repair !

- Don't wait too long !

- The exact error description and maybe the link to my community post with the "remote" diagnosis will help

@jellybean22 wrote:

Thank you for the fast response.   So the picture on an external monitor is clear.  

You're welcome 🙂

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.