Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed some new corsair 8gb (2) stick of RAM. Accidentally plugged the second monitor in while pc was booting, that leaves the pc to believe that it's a big screen. Shows only 1 display if i boot the pc with the second monitor plugged in. After doing a hard reset, system restore it still won't work by me letting the system boot then getting to desktop and plugging in 2nd monitor.

Didn't have this issue before. Before i could just start the pc, plug in 2nd monitor and boom worked. now i plug it in, i hear the noise of a new device but both screens go blank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Installed optional drivers from AMD, second monitor is now working. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I’ve tried using load defaults on BIOS that had no effect. Now it shows my second monitor being the primary and I can’t change the display settings it also shuts off my laptop screen. When I boot my bios with my second monitor plugged in it only loads on my laptop screen. I’ve tried new HDMI cords. Running video tests now. 

HP Recommended

Installed optional drivers from AMD, second monitor is now working. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.