Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb007ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, we all saw when not one, but two monitors are installed on the computer. Please tell me, is it possible to add a second monitor to my laptop via hdmi!? Which cable do you need to purchase and which monitors are more suitable for it !? Thanks you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@EvgeniyBoiko Greetings from the HP Community!

I suggest you go through the details of this article on how to work with USB Type-C ports: click here

as per the product specifications, you've got:

• 1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge);
  • 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge);

I suggest you try USB to Display port with an addition/alternate monitor and check if that works.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don’t know if the cable is suitable for the Samsung SyncMaster 940N monitor

HP Recommended

@EvgeniyBoiko I see that the Samsung SyncMaster 940N monitor is quite old and has only a VGA interface, and I agree with you, that may not work with the computer, 

I suggest you go for a new monitor to make this work, or check with Samsung for more details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Which monitor can you recommend?

HP Recommended

You may click here to check out the various options available to suit your needs,

Good luck.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.