Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectra X360 15-DF1040NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product name Spectra X360 15-DF1040NR, Windows 10 Home edition.  I have been using an HP (Pavilion 23xi) secondary display via HDMI cable without incident since purchasing my machine over a year ago.  I close the cover to put the machine into sleep mode when I am not using it.  This week, the machine suddenly stopped detecting my secondary display when I woke up the machine (opened the cover) from sleep.  It DOES find the secondary display if I do a HARD shutdown and re-start, yet even though I can use the display, Windows does NOT show the secondary display in Windows Settings --> Display, and does not detect it when I click "Detect".  This is really annoying, as I now don't want to close the cover on the machine for fear of having to do a hard shutdown and re-start to be able to use my large secondary display.  HP Support Assistant shows all my drivers are up to date, all Windows updates are current (the latest one was a couple of weeks ago).  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rjd_rjd

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. In Windows, search for and open Troubleshoot.

Search for Troubleshoot

2. In the Find and fix other problems area, click Power, and then click Run the troubleshooter.

Clicking Run the troubleshooter button in the Power troubleshooting tool

A Detecting Issues window displays while Windows detects and attempts to fix any issues.

Detecting issues progress bar in the Power troubleshooting tool

3. After troubleshooting is complete, close the troubleshooter, or click Explore additional options if needed.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't see this Troubleshoot dialog.  When I search in Windows for Troubleshoot, it takes me to Windows settings, and there is then no menu item on the left for Power.,  The dialog above does not look at all like what I see in Windows Settings.  Are there steps I am missing?

HP Recommended

@rjd_rjd

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.