cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
JON-56
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Setting up two external monitors with a HP laptop

HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

What type of dock do I need to set up two external monitors, in addition to my laptop screen, so that the two external monitors have extended display (so that I can drag docs, apps etc between the two)? My laptop is a HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV).

I have tried this dock, Alogic USB-C 12in1 Mini Dock MV2 Dual Full HD display, but this gave me no display at all on either monitor.

Many thanks for any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
98,775 37,817 12,827 27,073
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JON-56 wrote:

I have tried this dock, Alogic USB-C 12in1 Mini Dock MV2 Dual Full HD display, but this gave me no display at all on either monitor.

@JON-56 

Did I say on your other post:

You can NOT use it (USB-C port) to

• Charge your machine
  • Connect to an external monitor with / without hub/dock/adapter

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MWE72
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, Is there NO possibility to use the USB-C port to a HDMI port replikator/dock?

I´ve tried to use a USB-C to 2xHDMI replikator.

It says only data transmissionen through USB -C ? 

JON-56
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Best Solution that worked for my pc: 

I bought a Targus VersaLink Dual Video Docking Station with DisplayLink plug and play. The DisplayLink capability is the key to solving the issue, it seems. 

Just a note, it did take a little while to configure, and basically to work. I had to plug and unplug a couple of times, and also my laptop went a bit slow for about 10mins. But after this, it corrected itself, and Windows display was finally detecting three screens. It was then just a matter of sorting which was to be the main screen, and which screen to extend to etc etc.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation