Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased the HP Envy a week ago and the edges of this laptop are driving me nuts! Not only is the angle quite sharp at the edges but there is also a seam around the whole laptop which my hands and arms scrape on when using it. I will clarify that I don't use it on a desk but rather on my lap and my hands and lower arms actually hurt from the constant abrasion of the case. There are other minor grievances that I could learn to live with but the case is a deal breaker. I just never expected a design flaw like this from an experienced manufacturer. Has anyone found a workaround to fix this? Right now I'm typing  in tablet mode which is annoying and slow as that way my hands and wrists don't scrape against the case. If I can't find a workaround I will have to return an otherwise decent laptop. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@robbki

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

HP Recommended

Hello! Curious if you got an acceptable response to this issue.  I've just purchased this computer and just took it out of the box to set it up and picking it up the edges of the casing are sharp!  It's really just in picking it up and carrying it that it's an issue.  I don't feel any other sharp edges on the machine that would interfere with typing like you were having issues with.  But I'm wondering if hp had any suggestions.

HP Recommended

To date I have received no solution to the problem of the incredibly sharp edges on the HP Envy. I did have a canned response from HP emaiiled to me asking me to jump through hoops with all sorts of additional information in order for them "to accuratly understand the issue" the online help from HP is a joke. (They clearly know about the problem as there are all sorts of tags about this on the internet). The hope is rather that some other owner of an HP may offer some insite as to what they have found as a solution, which sadly I have not received but I kinda gave up looking. I'm assuming a quick fix would be to put tape around it but that would look pretty tacky.

I could have returned it within the allotted time and almost did when I received the canned response from HP because quite frankly it was an insult.  I don't use it on a desk so the edges bother me quite a bit. If someone were using it on a surface and not on their lap it probably wouldn't be so noticeable.

It's an OK laptop. I purchased an Azus 14" laptop with the identical specs prior to this one and it blew this HP away in terms of speed, keyboard, etc but it didn't have a numeric keypad which I wanted. The only other things that stand out are that the virtual keyboard won't work in table mode (shows the icon but won't egage) and I also find the touchpad placement is a bit to far to the right as it pushes your hands out of proper alignment to use the keyboard effectively. I assume that is something to get use to in time.

HP Recommended

I just got the HP Spectre and am having the same issue with the sharp edge. My wrists have red lines etched into them after a few minutes of typing. If anyone's found a solution to this, I'd love to hear it. I'm wondering if there's some sort of case out there I could put on it.

HP Recommended

Glad to see I'm not the only one that noticed this.  I'm probably going to return mine.  I've had it for 3 days and it's driving me insane.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.