Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook, 14-ck0521sa, 4XW65EA P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Notebook 14-ck0521sa
Product number 4XW65EA
Core i5

Intel HD Graphics 620

External ports: 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only

1 USB 2.0

1 HDMI 1.4b

1 RJ-45; 1 headphone/microphone combo

Hi.  I currently have a dual monitor setup which I use for my very old desktop,   for my work laptop I use the same dual monitors connected by hdmi and VGA  (2 monitors and a laptop screen - 3 monitors great use of space) 

My personal laptop, the hp model above, only has one hdmi, I currently connect it to my main monitor via HDMI and use 2 screens (laptop + monitor),. I want to get my second monitor involved and use all 3 screens if possible. 

I'd like to know if it's possible to get all 3 screens working in extended on the hp laptop and how. 

Ideally I don't want to rewire everything each time I switch from one machine to another. 

Main monitor.  1x  hdmi, 1x VGA, 1x DVI 

Second monitor: 1x VGA 1x DVI 

Pc 2x DVI 

Work laptop 1x mini dp ( via to hdmi adapter)

Personal laptop : 1x hdmi 

And the spec says - USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only)

Right now the only thing I unplug or move is the hdmi cable and single usb hub for mouse/keyboard

Any advice. I know a HDMI splitter cable with adapter isn't the right option as I want to extend not clone. 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@mez90b, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you are connecting multiple screens using an HDMI splitter cable from HP Notebook 14-ck0521sa will not support multiple displays.

As you can see, its USB-C port does NOT support video out. At this stage, a docking station using USB-A ports still is a good choice. If you wish to have 2 or more external monitors, please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few options on the market today including some HP products:

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

or try following HP docks

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help - just to confirm there is no usb c on this device but I will start checking out the hp docking stations (and others) with adapters where needed. 

I've also just had the suggestion that I check incase the monitors support casting to go wireless. 

Usb dock or wireless is probably a good choice as it's a device for working and not video or gaming so should manage with no problems. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.