Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre x360 15 inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im getting small pen skips when using the pen and writing on all apps. I may think that this seems to happen when resting my palm only once per stroke. What can i do? Im up to date using windows update

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@arongkatz

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Step 1 Run Windows Updates troubleshooter:

Click on this link to run the troubleshooter. 

Step 2 Windows Updates:

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates:

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue still persists, try the next step.

Step 4 Re-install the touchscreen drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
3) The touchscreen device is labelled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device and select Uninstall.

4) Confirm the uninstallation.
5) Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver.

Step 5 Configure the pen input:

1) In Windows, search for and open Calibrate the screen for pen and touch input.
2) On the Display tab, click Setup.

3) Click Pen input
4) Follow the on-screen directions and check if this helps you fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks but it didnt improve at all

The skips still happen also most of them happen after i get to make a new trace and separate pen from screen, and time to time when making long traces. Im also resting my palm on the screen but as i know this doesnt have anything to do right?

HP Recommended

Please note that im using the Surface  3 Pen  (the one with purple cap) 

HP Recommended

@arongkatz

Thank you for posting back. 

Have you tried with a different pen? 

If you've completed all the troubleshooting steps and if the issue persists, then you need to service the product.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nope, thats the only pen i have 

HP Recommended

Do you recommend this pen https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pen? Should it work with my Hp Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx?

Im hoping to buy one used or refurbished i dont want to spend too much on a pen that would not meet my needs

HP Recommended

@arongkatz

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05166879 to know more about "Consumer computers compatible with HP pens and styluses"

• Note: You can check the table which shows different types of HP pens that supports consumer computer this will help you to find the correct HP pen.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So i bought one of those pens, im getting less skips but still happening every now and then but i keep getting issues like this extended lines when swriting (attached)Annotation 2019-09-29 031053.png

As you can see they go down when wirting and are not made on purpose

Now do you recommend i do the first troubleshooting guide steps  and reinstall display drivers on the new pen?

HP Recommended

@arongkatz

HP Pen Control application allows customization of buttons for HP Pen models. You can seamlessly switch between pen functions and easily access the eraser. HP Pen and the HP Pen Control application is provided, Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05478395 to download the APP. 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04706945 to know more about the Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.