Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some Keys on my laptop dont work

11-dO1Owm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I own a hp stream 11 laptop and i have done nothing to it, all of a sudden 8 of my keys including my windows key have stopped working, this includes; h, g, esc, F4, F11, Backspace, and apostrophes. These keys only work once in a while, and sometimes i have to copy and paste the letter to do it. I hope someone answers this because i am tired of copy and pasting.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10
1,585 1,575 133 308
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some Keys on my laptop dont work

You could try booting into the BIOS setup menu by pressing the Esc key while powering up to see if the keys work there.  This might indicate whether it is a hardware or Windows issue.  If it is a Windows issue, you could restore it back to the factory configuration using the recovery manager utility.  

Windows 8.1 has the On-Screen Keyboard program which may be easier that copying and pasting characters until you get this fixed.  A USB keyboard could also be used of course.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation