Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre X360 Ubuntu Screen

Spectre X360
Linux

I haven't had too many issues but occaisionaly the screen flickers.  My biggest question is I am looking for advice on how to get the screen to rotate into tablet mode when it is flipped and have the keyboard and trackpad turn off.  Do you have any advice?  I am using Ubuntu 16.04.

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 626
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @timbopt,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I came across your post about the display issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that when you go to rotate the screen, it does not automatically rotate.

For your product, the Auto-Rotation feature should be disabled by default.  To turn it on, you can follow the steps below:

1. Fold the computer into tablet mode.

2. Swipe in from the right side to open the Action Center.

3. Tap Rotation lock to enable this feature.

If you are still having trouble, then you may need to update the Graphics, BIOS, and Chipset drivers.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
timbopt Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no "Action Center" that I know of in Ubuntu (Linux).  I tried swiping as you described and got nothing.   Action Center is specific to Windows.  Please read my original post fully in order to help me.  I am running Ubuntu 16.04.  I really have 2 issues.  The screen issue and problems with the wifi getting a good signal when I am in Ubuntu.  Please provide a solution for this operating system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation