Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 15 (1,386 Views)

Spectre X360 screen cracked

Product Name: Spectre X360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought this laptop 4 weeks ago and thought by paying out for a better "quality" one that it would go the distance. Used it on Saturday evening, closed the lid and left on my desk. Came down in the morning and when I opened it the screen had cracks in it - no force had been used and nothing had dropped on it - everyone else was in bed apart from me. From looking on the reviews here and speaking to my IT delaer, there is an obvious design flaw with the screen that needs some investigation from HP - there are literally hundreds of customers that have had this same problem - can someone help on this please - I am very unhappy after paying out £900 on this to break after only a month !!!!

Many Thanks inadvance

Dean Johnson

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 15 (1,343 Views)

Re: Spectre X360 screen cracked

Hi @DeanoJ,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that the screen has cracks in it. I would like to help.

Please contact HP Customer Support - Contact Fill out the model number and the form to access the contact number. If you have any issues, please provide your location.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 15 (1,337 Views)

Hi there, I have raised a case already and HP have said there is nothing wrong with the model and it is customer induced !! The laptop was closed lid down on Saturday and when opening on Sunday it had cracks in it - there are hundreds of customers who have had the same problem - there is obviously a design fault with this model - If HP won't commit to sort this problem I am taking this further to trading standards as this laptop is less than a month old and not fit for purpose - how can it be customer induced when it wasn't being used ??!!
Please advise what you suggest
Regards
Dean
Retired
Message 4 of 15 (1,333 Views)

Hi @DeanoJ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. In the forum beside your handle name, just click on the envelope to view it.

Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 5 of 15 (1,331 Views)

Ok I will wait to hear from someone thanks
Top Student
Message 6 of 15 (1,306 Views)

can you update me on this please as I still havent heard from anyone as yet ??

Many Thanks

Dean Johnson

Top Student
Message 7 of 15 (1,292 Views)

still no reply from anyone - whats going on ??!!!

Student
Message 8 of 15 (1,268 Views)

Hello - I have had the x360 for a few months now and I'm  very pleased with it.

Last week I closed the unit and stored it away as I always do.

When I opened it the follwing day I noticed the screen was craked at the hinge.

The hinge felt tighter than normal,  but i didn't think anything of it at the time. 

I can see from previous feeds that this in not an uncommon occurance.

Can anyone offer some advice about how to get this fixed / replaced?

Regards

Top Student
Message 9 of 15 (1,252 Views)

I've also had the same problem. Purchased the Spectre X360 on August 4, 2016, and as of yesterday I opened it to a crack across the screen.

I contacted HP support through their website and even though it was not user-caused damage (which they ackowledged), that I would have to pay up to $400 for a repair.

That is outrageous. I even sent them links to 4 different threads on the HP support forums that were each 12-4 pages long full of people like us with the same problem. They still refuse to replace it under warranty. My computer was never dropped, squished, hit, compressed, or otherwise mishandled. It sits on a desk or is carried in the protective sleeve tha HP included in the box with the Spectre! If it can't handle normal use like this and there aren't any warnings that the screen may crack if you look at the computer funny, it is a defect with the product or design and the repair should be covered under their warranty.

I purchased the HP computer because of the good reviews and paid more for a quality product, but am finding that neither the product or the company live up to its promises.

Like many others before us, I will try to resolve this through HP, but will not hesitate to dispute a charge or take an extended warranty claim through my credit card company, or take this to small claims court.

Also, publications like CNET and the Wirecutter, who recommend and highly rate the Spectre X360, will be notified of this system and continuous issue that HP refused to acklowdege and continues to rip off its customers for $400 repairs of a design flaw.

Message 10 of 15 (1,249 Views)

@mpnine

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation