Did you mean: 
Intern
Intern
30 23 0 3
Message 41 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 13-inch touch delay after using any n-trig stylus

What's the status after 1/2 a year ? Still waiting for the firmware fix for the 13 inch HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX ?

Anybody any news ?

0 Kudos
DanO34 Top Student
Top Student
1 1 0 2
Message 42 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot believe that I have made an account just to say this - HP, your need to get your act together and give us a firmware update to fix this issue. I've tried it out on two laptops, with 5 different pens from two brands - HP and Microsoft. All of them have the same issue, but work flawlessly on surfaces. I love every other aspect of this laptop, please don't give me a reason to return it for good this time. It's been half a year, and even a slight improvement like the 15 inch model received would be helpful.
Highlighted
le_spectre Tutor
Tutor
8 8 0 2
Message 43 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kolxxx

Have you heard anything else about a fix since July?

Intern
Intern
30 23 0 3
Message 44 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello everyone, I would really like HP to push the firmware update for the 13-inch spectre as it was already released a few months back for the 15-inch.

Please everyone, confirm that HP didn't do anything for the last 8 months, post something on this thread and/or contact HP!

Hope we can move forward on this issue!

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
kolxxx Tutor
Tutor
7 7 0 3
Message 45 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still nothing. Very disappointing.
SaiVarun Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 2
Message 46 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No update. But i have got it repaired from the HP Service Centre within 3 days. I would say that only this is the solution for now.
Intern
Intern
30 23 0 3
Message 47 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All right, at least they know how to put back the original firmware if you brick the 13-inch by installting the 15-inch firmware...

We should do something to escalate this issue, I'll call HP as I have 3 years premium care and try to escalate the issue.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,538 2,347 287 854
Message 48 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Yeaaa I really don't like the delay either. I've used two different HP Spectre x360s (Late 2017 Model) and they both display pretty severe delays with an n-trig stylus.

HP Spectre x360 - 13 - ae020ca

HP Spectre x360 - 13 - ae050ca

Also worth mentioning that input is only registered with a fair amount of strength and that I have never seen tilt support actually work on the display. 

I'm pretty sure that HP is somewhat aware of this issue. Not sure if premium tech support would honestly care that much. I've previously talked with HP Executive Customer Relations after experiencing reoccuring hardware failures (Coil whine/motherboard) with the Spectre x360s and they told me they've never heard about it before despite there being a handful of people experiencing this specific issue. 

I may contact them again regarding pen support.

You could also always try contacting the Executive Team here: https://ssl.www8.hp.com/ca/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

But I really do want to say I don't recommend buying the Spectre x360 solely because of its free pen. Although it could be considered a major selling point, it's really an attempt to catch up with competitiors/offer other features. HP's firmware/pen support is nowhere near Microsoft's gigantic monopoly in drawing features of PCs. 

But anyway, I hope HP's going to do something about this or the tablet mode is just rendered useless.:smileysad:

Regards,

kem579

Intern
Intern
30 23 0 3
Message 49 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, I'm waiting for HP to contact me back, as they told me here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-X360-2017-Touch-Input-...

hope they will work on this issue soon.

I'll keep you updated!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation