Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Specter x360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have noticed that the QHD screen on my x360 has yellow tint to it. Compared to several other devices it is quite obvious, and is a big problem when color correcting photos.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Who makes this panel?

I am aware I can correct this somewhat with calibration, but I need to know if this is just the panel or a faulty unit (my exchange period is about to expire).

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Hi @Phynal ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360  Notebook and seeing a yellowish screen.  Here is a link to a document that will help you troubleshoot the image on screen flickers, has lines or distorted colors.

Here is a document on how to connect to a monitor if you need it. When you connect it to a monitor do you see the same results?

Make sure all updates have been completed in the control panel or click the Windows key and start typing PC settings, then go to update.

You could try a Refresh of Windows 8. Please read all the document before performing. This would restore all settings on the PC.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks, I have already done the troubleshooting. Even did a total system refresh and reinstall, redownloaded the drivers, checking the screen color temperature at every step.

At this point, it is unclear whether this is a hardware defect or simply the default color temperature of the QHD panel. If I could find the manufacturer and specs on the panel, I might be able to figure it out.

However, someone here could help me if the can check an image I use as my wallpaper.

http://i.imgur.com/vkiNVsk.jpg

This is my desktop background on several systems. On the Spectre I am seeing the yellow tinge especially in the lower right and upper left corners of the image.

Can others see the yellow too? If so then this may be just the way the panel is made.

Major internet points to whoever helps me!

HP Recommended

Hi @Phynal ,

Thanks so much for the screen shot of what your seeing. Seems like this is the picture itself.

Could you change the picture to black and take a screen shot of that?

If you cant just change it to a different pic so I could see that.

Does it happen on a external monitor?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
That is not a screenshot of what I am seeing.

That is a picture that shows yellowish only on the Spectre, when compared to the same picture on other monitors.

I am asking for someone with a QHD Spectre to compare this picture on that Spectre to this picture on another monitor.

I linked to that picture only because it is a good one to use to see the color temperature difference.
HP Recommended

Still here? Is anyone helping me?

HP Recommended

Hey @Phynal,

You need to try the recommended fix so I can see the results.

If this does not help please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Are you kidding me?!

What "fix"? Your "fix" was based on erroneous information. SCREENSHOTS DO NOT HELP. That has NOTHING to do with my issue. The issue is Panel Color Temperature and if my is damaged or normal. The ONLY way to tell is to compare the attached picture on two screens.

I have been trying (with this thread and calls to HP) to get someone to just look at a screen for me. That's it - look at the pic on the Spectre and on another monitor. Why wasn't this done by now?

In 36 years of computing, this is the worst support I have ever received from any company. I have been begging for help before my exchange period expires, and it expires today. I have no more time left. Now I will probably just return the laptop, unsure if it is damaged or not because HP support is incapable of reading or helping.

Your company is horrible. We will now join the grrowing ranks who refuse to ever buy an HP product again.

HP Recommended

@Phynal

Hey I am totally with you. It is really obvious yellowish screen tone. I bought 4005dx which is QHD from Microsoft Store, because HP won't let me buy the laptop through phone and online, everywhere.

Anyway, it is so obvious and now I am sericously considering to return this. When I bought this at first time it was FHD screen model and that model was fine. I assume this is turly manufacturer's fault.

As you have talked with them, support team is absolutely useless.

I have been trying to buy and love this laptop since it came out to the market, but HP won't let me. Very frustrated.

HP Recommended
I had the same 4005dx. Since I returned my two Spectres (for other build quality issues), I have discovered that the panel color temperature was warm (yellowish) on every screen.

I was able to correct this with the Intel graphics properties program that came installed on the Spectre. If I remember correctly, I set Blue to +16 or thereabouts.

I've spent a lot of time since trying to find a great laptop with little luck. I'm hoping that there will something interesting coming near the Windows 10 launch. Until then I'm testing a Razer Blade, and dreaming of a laptop like the Spectre but with quality parts/build.

But I'm done with HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.