Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intern
Intern
18 13 0 15
Message 1 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 Touchscreen Response is Delayed 2 Seconds After Using Stylus Pen: Fix!?????

spectre x360 13' ac050ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where is this fix for the HP spectre x360 13 inch model??? The 2 second palm rejection delay is unbearable.

22 REPLIES 22
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,565 20,179 1,686 2,760
Message 2 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 Touchscreen Response is Delayed 2 Seconds After Using Stylus Pen: Fix!?????

@Toastedbread

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you need an update to fix the delayed 2 second after using the stylus pen for your HP x360 13inch,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you looked up your model in the Official HP website to check for the necessary drivers?

If you already have and couldn't find it, look no further as I have: Click here to download (sp79383)

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
kolxxx Tutor
Tutor
7 7 0 3
Message 3 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher,

I also have this very annoying problem with my HP Spectre x360 13-ac003nj.

I've also tried to install SP78424.exe and SP79383.exe with no luck I get the following command prompt window for both fixes:

HP-Pen-Delay.PNG

How can we address the issue?

Edit:

I've just upgraded the BIOS to F.34 Rev.A - the issue still exists.

All drivers are updated up to the latest. 

Please provide a fix just like you did with the 15'' model. 

Thanks,

kolxxx

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kolxxx

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the touchscreen Response is Delayed 2 Seconds After Using Stylus Pen,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Do you have a delay when the touchscreen is used without a stylus as well?

If there's a delay as such, I recommend you run a hardware test on the touch screen: Click here for instructions.

As there are no other softpaq or patches available as of now apart from the one I had shared earlier on the same thread.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
kolxxx Tutor
Tutor
7 7 0 3
Message 5 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher,

I have no issue when using the touchscreen without the stylus.
The issue is that the touchscreen response is delayed for 2 seconds after using the stylus pen.

Can you escalate the issue, and provide a fix just like HP did with the 15'' model?

Thanks,
kolxxx.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 827 1,440
Message 6 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kolxxx

Hi,

as @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

I did some research and came across this HP article which explains which pens and styluses are compatible with this laptop model.

As per this article, it shows that for the Spectre x360 13-ac0xx series laptop, the HP Pen (Microsoft)  with product no. 1CP24AV / Y0C43AV can be used. Any other stylus or pen may not work accurately. 

If you're using the right pen, and the issue persists then I suggest you to follow the steps from this HP document to fix the issue. 

Hope this helps. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kolxxx Tutor
Tutor
7 7 0 3
Message 7 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @MKazi,

I have verified that i'm using the correct pen with part number 910942-001 as the compability list suggest.

I've also looked on the HP document meant to make some explanasions and basic troubleshooting,

It didn't helped me. As i've said: battery replaced, BIOS upgraded, etc.  It suggested look for "firmware upgrade" if the touchscreen response is slow, but the problem is that we don't have compatible firmware upgrade for the 13'' model.

Please tell HP engineers provide a fix for this issue, or I'm returning the product.

You can take a look on this thread - link. Where the same issue is reported over and over.

Please urge HP at least make a statement about providing a fix.

Thanks,

kolxxx.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
18 13 0 15
Message 8 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found a fix! Returned it and bought a surface pro :p.
Hopefully HP decides to give a hoot about its more loyal customers (Aka those outside of the return window).
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 9 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kolxxx & @Toastedbread

Thank you, both, for posting on the HP Support Forums, 

I understand your concern and to help you out, 

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Peter102 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

Im wondering if the delay has been fixed by HP.  (as of 14/08/2017) ??

This is the only thing stopping me purchasing one.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation