Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
le_spectre Tutor
Tutor
8 8 0 2
Message 11 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 Touchscreen Response is Delayed 2 Seconds After Using Stylus Pen: Fix!?????

@Peter102, this issue has not been fixed unfortunately. I have contacted HP myself and gotten my case 'escalated' and forwarded to my 'local support team,' who flat out said they could not help me. I am quite frankly rather appalled.

@kolxxx, have you had better luck?

0 Kudos
Peter102 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 12 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 Touchscreen Response is Delayed 2 Seconds After Using Stylus Pen: Fix!?????

@kolxxx,  Thank you for the info.  Did they offer any explaination or just no we cant do anything about it ??

If it is palm rejection, as ive heard some people say, why dont they just allow you to adjust the setting from 2 seconds to off completely ?  But if it is palm rejection, why is there any delay ?  Doesn't make sence to me.  Surely it doesn't take 2 seconds for a sensor to realise the pen isnt on or near the screen ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kolxxx Tutor
Tutor
7 7 0 3
Message 13 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
I've been contacted by HP local support team and they were able to reproduce the issue on their side. I've got a response that said it shouldn't behave like this and they will provide me with a solution. This was 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting. Recently I've made a contact and they told me that it is still being handled.
0 Kudos
Peter102 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 14 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay thank you for update.  

0 Kudos
le_spectre Tutor
Tutor
8 8 0 2
Message 15 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kolxxx: That's good to hear!

The response I got from my local support team was that they did not have a solution. They did not say any more than that, nor did they acknowledge that there was an issue that needed to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Ghis_09 Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 16 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any news about a fix 2 months later ?...

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
21 18 0 9
Message 17 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @

@kolxxx & @Toastedbread

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
21 18 0 9
Message 18 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@conail 

the problem is that me and other people have installed the 15" model touchscreen firmware update to solve the delay issue, and it fücked up our touchscreen:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-13-ac000-touchscreen-fir...

HP has been unable to either provide us with the original firmware, or an update to fix the problem. They haven't even modified the 15" installer so it won't fück the 13" model to safe other people from falling into the same hole... to quote a great man, it's just "sad".

Intern
Intern
21 18 0 9
Message 19 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

technically, the firmware isn't defective. It just doesn't have a good fail-safe to stop it from being installed on incompatible devices.

It's painful because a 1mb file is all I need to fix my 2000 USD device.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
30 23 0 3
Message 20 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Going for news on this issues that's arround for 8 months now, and no update from HP;

Here is the main thread for the 13-inch model:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-13-inch-touch-delay-afte...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation