cancel
Drewp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 convertible stylus intermittent

Guys hav had this computer for over 1 yr. previous to spectre I had used he elite convertible with the passive stylus without any issues (4 years). With the spectre the HP stylus goes from working  to not working. Have to constantly shake it, unscrew the cap and then re tghten. My other tricks are to close it of one mate and then reopen or completely restart the computer.

Been over a year year and I butt he computer because the the stylus capability. It seems to me there is some stating that puts the stylus or the tablet n sleep mode. 

Note issue occurs not only in one note but also when on desk top point at icons. Yes I am using the HP approved stylus. Also have the Dell stylus from last year that experiences the same issue.

What at is the fix to this problem. Love the computer but will hav to migrate to either apple or Microsoft if n fix.

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 483 925
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Drewp,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

Thanks for the post, I understand that you are facing an issue with the stylus response with the Spectre computer. Kudos to you for trying a lot of troubleshooting on your own. I will assist you from here. 

For assistance in troubleshooting Stylus issues, please refer to this article http://hp.care/2d1X6dL

For service options, please contact phone support by filling the form on www.hp.com/contacthp

Let me know if this helped. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Drewp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had already looked at the document you referenced. I store the stylus with the battery removed.  As mentioned the issue seems to be an intermittency that may pertain to a switch or sleep mode occurring. Has the original stylus for the spectre x360 changed since the spectre was first introduced?  Could some port be set to operate in battery saving mode?

does any one else have problems with their stylus?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 483 925
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the steps suggested in the article. 

Recommend you to contact our phone support by filling the form on www.hp.com/contacthp for service options. 

Let me know if this helped. Please reply for further assistance. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation