Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (2,343 Views)

Spectre x360 ghost touch

Product Name: Spectre x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About once everyday, my spectre x360 gets rapid ghost touches on a specific spot of the screen. Tech support updated the BIOS and graphic driver, and nothing worked. This is very annoying. It seems that many are experiencing similar issues. Was anyone available to solve the issue?

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 8 (2,262 Views)

Re: Spectre x360 ghost touch

Nope.  I have the same issue.  It seems the only work around is to completely disable the touch screen or call in the warranty.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (2,259 Views)

Thanks brinious. My spectre is currently at on of the HP service centers.. very annoying Smiley Sad

Student
Message 4 of 8 (2,117 Views)

I've bought one about a month ago, and the ghost touch has been occuring 2-3 times a week. Reboot does work as well.

It happened a few minutes ago, and i touched the spot that was triggered and it stopped. Coincidence? I'll try again next time.

May not be related, but i get two other issues:

- when logging in, if i use the touchscreen to enter my pin, the keypad keeps going down/ disappearing and i need to keep pressing the pin window and "beat" in time the keypad before it disappers again... or use the keyboard.

- the audio driver has disappeared about 4 times, the speaker icon at the bottom right shows a red bar over it as if disabled, and looking into device manager shows no driver installed. If i try to reinstall the driver from the HP site, i generally get a blue screen of death "windows 10 style" and the pc reboots. Sometimes it's back, other times it needs a few reboots.

It's frustrating for a new laptop that i paid a lot for. I had a Surface Pro 3 that i had to get replaced 2 times due to a yellow bar appearing on the screen from overheating issues. Microsoft did not acknowledge the issue.

The reviews for the HP spectre x360 were excellent, but with all the problems so far it seems that again issues are not being acknowledged. Windows 10 may not help too, with its number of bugs.

Student
Message 5 of 8 (1,761 Views)

I recently purchased the spectre x360 and I'm experiencing the same thing. Tech support uninstalled/reinstalled the display drivers and updated the BIOS. Neither helped, so they want me to send it in for repair. 

Has anyone sent their laptop in for repair and if so, did it fix the issue? I'm trying to decide if I should return my laptop and look for something else. 

Tutor
Message 6 of 8 (1,709 Views)

I have the exact same issues.

Brand new Spectre x360 Best Buy Special Edition.

Ghost tapping, dropping keyboard on login.

Audio driver seems to  be interfering with touchscreen. 

Any solutions? New driver updates?

I have had to perform factory reset three different times, reflashed the BIOS twice, and reinstalled Windows 10 five times.

I have learned alot Windows and HP computers in the process, however, I can tell you I have never had any issues like this with my wife's MacBook Air.

Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (1,412 Views)

I bought a refurb x360 through Amazon and experienced ghost touches immediately. After some research I discovered a youtube video with a quick fix. It's now been a couple of hours with no ghost touches. Pretty sure this is the fix you are looking for.

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kc-gRurUL0

Chris

Phantom or ghost touch problem fix for windows 8.1...after doing everything restart ur device...and u will be ready to go...i forgot to tell to reatart ur device after that u must follow steps and reastart after u done
Honor Student
Message 8 of 8 (1,411 Views)

I bought a refurb x360 through Amazon and experienced ghost touches immediately. After some research I discovered a youtube video with a quick fix. It's now been a couple of hours with no ghost touches. Pretty sure this is the fix you are looking for.

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kc-gRurUL0

Phantom or ghost touch problem fix for windows 8.1...after doing everything restart ur device...and u will be ready to go...i forgot to tell to reatart ur device after that u must follow steps and reastart after u done
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation