Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (276 Views)

Spectre x360 stylus

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Spectre x360 Convertible with Product Number K8P19LA#ABM.

I want to use it as a drawing and sketching tool.

I have read several reviews from other x360 owners and decided that my best option was to buy a Dell Active Pen PN556W to use. Similar qualities as the HP Active Pen (which are not sold on my country) but with better reviews.

I have had no opportunity to use my pen, as it is not recognized in any way by the screen.

I have also installed the Anniversary edition of Windows 10 with better Pen Support and it still doesn't recognizes my pen.

My configuration is:

Windows 10 Pro

Pen and Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (268 Views)

Re: Spectre x360 stylus

Hi,

Is Dell stylus support HP machines mentioned on its specs ? You are asking HP to support another vendor's product here. From my view:

• No HP won't support other vendor's products unless HP does not have equivalent products.
  • Dell may be very happy for HP (or other competitors) to support its products, it will sell more and laughing to the bank.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Teacher
Message 3 of 3 (217 Views)

Re: Spectre x360 stylus

Possibly a silly question, but the easiest thing to check... Is the battery in the stylus? Is it a new battery?

The stylus should just work, no installation or special software is required. The model number I purchased ended has a different model number, so it might be worth checking too, that you purchased the right stylus model. From memory, the model I purchased ended in AAGN.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation