Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The screen on my Spectre 360 has started ghosting.  Images will slowly disappear after 5 -10 minutes. There is also a permanent light red/orange band the runs from the top to the bottom fo the screen. When I connect the laptop to a my TV via HDMI, there is no ghosting on the TV screen.  My laptop is just over a year old and the warranty has expired. 

I am running 64 bit Windows 10 Home Edition.

Any help is appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. It's most notable on medium darkness gray backgrounds. The chrome taskbar will always be visible, even after rebooting the computer. It doesn't look like a traditional burn in, as the ghost image will change over time to reflect for example the latest webpages I was looking at. I first noticed the problem a few weeks ago, but it seems to get worse now.

There is also some vertical bleeding of light and dark areas, for example, while dragging a white window on top of a dark background, you can see a faint (but still very noticeable) lighter area above the white screen going all the way to the top.

HP Recommended

Ok, browsing the forum here a bit more I found out it's a common problem with the HP spectre x360 and will require a replacement. 

for example : https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Strange-quot-Ghosting-q...

Can someone from HP confirm this please? I use this machine as my daily workmachine and would hate to send it back for nothing

HP Recommended

I have the same issue on my 13 but it’s not everyday I use it,   Right side flickers and ghosts colour goes light and changes 

if it needs a replacement why does the problem come and go.. my laptop is 1 year old

ine things for sure I’m never buying HP again

shocking amount of problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.