03-20-2017 07:53 PM
I am unable to stream any video. I have tried Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and I cannot stream no matter the browser I use. I either get a black screen or or I get a picture which will not play. I have been unable to watch Netflix, Hulu, YouTube for the past two weeks.
03-21-2017 05:08 PM
Hello, @kbdragon27 – Hope you are well
Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!
I understand that you are having issues while playing online videos from the Netflix, Youtube etc.. Is this issue only happening while streaming online? Try playing a saved video on your PC and check. Let me know the results.
I would suggest 2 important steps to try and fix this issue.
Solution 1: Update the Adobe Flash & Shockwave Player
Go to http://hp.care/2ecP6aA to download and update the Adobe Flash player. Restart the PC once done.
Go to https://adobe.ly/2nb9Vp7 to download and update the Adobe Shockwave player. Restart the PC and check for issue resolution.
Solution 2: Update the Graphic drivers on your PC
Follow the steps below to update the graphic drivers on your PC:
- Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver Software. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Update Driver Software.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Restart the PC and then check for issue resolution.
If the issue persists, then try the steps mentioned in this document: http://hp.care/2jjIJAa
Make sure you perform all the steps to completely fix the issue.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.
Have a great day
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)