Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was playing around with my computer and somehow got in tablet mode. Now I am stuck in it!

Please Help

HP Envy Touch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @MeMyselfandI1

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that you are having issues with your HP Envy Touch being stuck in Tablet Mode.  

If the Tablet Mode that you are stuck in is Microsoft Windows 10 related, here are some steps that may help you disable Tablet Mode and return to the Normal view. 

• Click or tap the Start button
  • Launch the Settings app
  • Click or tap on "System"
  • In the left pane of the screen, scroll down to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"
  • Verify that the toggle is set to off. 

If this has provided a solution for you, please click on Accept as Solution so that other's who have also turned on Tablet Mode can find out how to turn it off more quickly. 

If this does not work for you, I would be happy to assist you further and would need your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) so that I can find out what the best approach to a solution for you would be. 

Hope the step's that I had provided above have helped! 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @MeMyselfandI1

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that you are having issues with your HP Envy Touch being stuck in Tablet Mode.  

If the Tablet Mode that you are stuck in is Microsoft Windows 10 related, here are some steps that may help you disable Tablet Mode and return to the Normal view. 

• Click or tap the Start button
  • Launch the Settings app
  • Click or tap on "System"
  • In the left pane of the screen, scroll down to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"
  • Verify that the toggle is set to off. 

If this has provided a solution for you, please click on Accept as Solution so that other's who have also turned on Tablet Mode can find out how to turn it off more quickly. 

If this does not work for you, I would be happy to assist you further and would need your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) so that I can find out what the best approach to a solution for you would be. 

Hope the step's that I had provided above have helped! 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks! I finally found it. 

HP Recommended

Similar problem?  I want to disable tablet mode so the keyboard remains active when I open the screen 360 degrees (I want to use the computer and its on-board keyboard with an external monitor.)

I have been to Settings/tablet mode.  I don't see a general toggle to turn it off.   It's set to open in desktop mode, and to ask me before switching to tablet.  I always tell it no, but it turns off the keyboard anyway.

I know the machine CAN do what I want -- if I open the screen to 360 over and over, once in a while the keyboard stays active for me.  Seems entirely random, though.  Any insight?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.